Bad advice is tough to recognize because it is designed to look like good advice.
1. The products produce inferior performance compared to other products that invest in the same asset classes.
2. Inferior performance is coupled with excessive risk compared to similar products.
3. The product charges higher fees than other products with similar objectives and risk exposure.
4. Financial advisors want you to make investment decisions based on relationships and sales claims.
5. There are no easy to read and understand disclosures for performance, risk, expense, and investment principles.